harris happenings...

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Homecoming Sunday

On the 25th of September, my parents reported on their mission in their ward. There was also a young man in their ward that had his mission farewell on the same day, so my parents did not get to talk very long:( But, what they said was great! It was especially exciting to hear them both bear their testimonies in Polish. I'm grateful for the example they have set for me and for my family.

After church, they hosted a brunch at their house. My mom made a ton of crepes, something they eat a lot of in Poland, muffins, fruit salad, and other yummy breakfast dishes.
Aunt Cathy, Aunt Mindy, and her kids waiting for the food
My Aunt Tanya and Cousin TarraLisa. It has been such a long time since I have seen them. I wish I could have had more time to visit with them.
Uncle Byron, Aunt Colleen, and their gang! Cousin Jeff recently got married so it was fun to see him with his new wife!
Frank just hanging out:)
Lance with my Uncle Steven and my Grandpa Arnold. Grandpa Arnold has served several missions himself and is always so kind when we see him. It was nice to see everyone and listen to my parents speak about their mission. I only wish they could have had more time to speak. After the family gathering, we loaded up and headed back to Las Vegas. It was hard to good-bye...again! At least they can hopefully come visit soon!

No comments: