On the Sunday before Broyden's birthday, I squeezed him into his little suit and then tried to put on his black sunday shoes. They didn't fit! Since we were late, I just threw on his new sketchers and out the door we went... in clothes too small and tennis shoes... so stylin'! I guess my baby boy is growing and no longer a baby! He came home from church with a gift from his nursery teacher, Sister Barney. He wanted to carry it around with him the whole rest of the afternoon, telling everyone, "My birthday!"
And a great birthday it was! It started out with a playdate at the park. Afterall, boys love to run around and play...
and play and play! We ate his birthday dinner at Burger King and played on the toys. Broyden was so excited to go down the really big slide.
Then we celebrated with cake and icecream. Here is a picture of Broyden's cake I made. I found the idea on the Family Fun website and thought to myself, "Oh, that is so cute and simple!" Ha! When I finally finished decorating it at 3:00 in the morning, I thought to myself, "Wow! Not sure if I will ever make this cake again!" Luckily, I took some pictures that night because the cake was too big to fit in the fridge and the house got too warm. When we came down for breakfast, the barn had tipped over! Do I admit that I wanted to cry???? Oh well! Luckily he is only 2 and didn't even notice:)
Barn and silo: Twizzler pull-aparts, frosting, cereal, and pretzels
Duck pond and pretzel fence
Farm animals: Cow, Pig, and Duck
And it tasted good too! Moo!!!!
So happy! Vroom Vroom!
And at the end of the day, the birthday boy got a birthday haircut... the only kind that Mommy knows how to do! He was worn out and slept so good in his new birthday jammies!
Broyden truly changed the dynamics of our family two years ago and each day is an adventure with him. He is an active, adventurous, happy little boy with a very tender heart. I wish I had a video camera on him every minute of the day!
WE LOVE YOU BROYDEN! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
1 comment:
Great job on the cake, its adorable! It looks like a ton of work, good thing you took pictures before the fall.:(
Post a Comment