harris happenings...

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Garden Club and Muffins for Mom



One of the teachers at Demarie's elementary school put together a "gardening club." The school was able to arrange garden plots in the courtyard and the children have planted a beautiful garden. Once a month they meet after school to plant different kinds of fruits, vegetables, and flowers. They read books about gardening, draw pictures and write about different topics related to gardening, and even get to sample produce they helped grow!


One month, they each got to take home a cup of soil with a seed of their choice to grow at home. It was a tough decision trying to decide what seed to plant.


Demarie with her planted seed... a flower.


Here is a picture of Demarie with her classmates. I wish I could help out more at school, but it is so hard with the little ones. Demarie is learning so much and has become an amazing reader and writer. She writes chapter books all the time and even has her own series... The Outer Space Fairies.



In March, Demarie's elementary school had Muffin's for Mom before school. It was fun to go and spend some time with Demarie at her school. I can't believe how much she is growing and changing! Oh, how I wish I could just stop the clock!!!!

No comments: