harris happenings...

Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Luckiest Mom in the World!

For the past few days, Demarie has been sitting at her art table with a sign above her that reads, "Please, do Not look at me!" Well, the other day I was at work and just having one of those days where you feel a little blue and are wondering if anything you do is important or makes a difference to anyone. When I got home, I was greeted by two smiling daughters that practically knocked me over with their hugs. In their hands, they both had made a special gift for me. Preslyn colored a beautiful picture with stickers on it and Demarie had made me a book and one of her famous packages packed with sweet notes and gifts. The title of the book was, "What would you do without Mama?" In the book she wrote about all the little things that I do for her like read her stories, make food, go to work, and help with the hard stuff. I don't know what I did to deserve such sweet, darling little girls! Demarie told me later that she didn't want anyone to look at her because she wanted her present to be a surprise. Since then, Demarie has written a number of original books that are so creative!



No comments: