harris happenings...

Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Relief Society Meeting and Conference

These past two weeks have been very uplifting for me to be able to listen to the prophets and general authorities of the church. There is such a feeling of unity, peace, and comfort as I listen to their counsel and direction. I especially appreciated President Uchtdorf's address in the Relief Society meeting. I felt like his words of comfort were directed to me. I also enjoyed Elder Wirthlin's counsel to remember to laugh!

I had such a good time attending the Relief Society meeting with my mom. I am grateful she has been in Las Vegas as a support to me. I will miss her next year when October rolls around and she is not there to accompany me.

2 comments:

The 4 of Us said...

i just realized I called you Marlaina Moon in my blog! You probably haven't been called that in years! You'll always be Marlaina Moon to me but i'll be sure to add the Harris next time. Thanks for getting me to do my quirks. I hope I didn't make you feel bad! It was fun to do it. Conference was great, eh? Adios.

Puerto Rican Gringa said...

I loved conference too! It is nice to have your mom there. I went with my mom for the first time in 3 years and loved it! Sorry i have been so late on the tag, I'll get to it soon! Doesn't Milin lick her fingers too?