harris happenings...

Monday, September 15, 2008

First Day of Preschool!!!

Demarie was so excited to get started with preschool! On September 2nd, we held our first class... at home! After much prayerful contemplation, Aaron and I decided that we would buy materials and teach Demarie in our home. It is going to be her last year with me before kindergarten and I want to make the most of it! We have had so much fun working on reading, writing, math, and other concepts. Demarie is such a smart little girl! It is so fun to see her sounding out and reading whole books already! I also arranged to do a 'field trip' with her every other week with other children her age. We have an exciting year planned and will definitely keep you posted on our adventures!

4 comments:

Lance & Milisa said...

Demarie is smart and you are amazing to tackle such a feat!!

Jilene said...

you girls are so beautiful. Preslyn looks just like Demarie! And they are getting so big. How are you guys doing? How is life? I am due to have my baby in 2 weeks. It will be the longest 2 weeks of my life, but then he will be here! We can't wait!

Toby and Debby said...

Smart idea Marlaina!! I am doing a preschool for Taya with just 6 moms. We each take a week. It is really nice. She LOVES it. Plus it saves so much money! Demarie is such a cutie! Cute pics of preslyn too!

Aaron said...

Hey Jilene & Matt, what's your new blog address?