I was looking at my past blog entries and noticed that back in 2008 I did a posting entitled, "The "It-took-me-one-year-to-complete blanket." It was about a rag quilt that my mom and I made for Demarie's bed when we bought the bunkbeds. It took us one year from the time that I bought the material to complete the blanket for her bed. I had bought enough material with the plan to make two matching quilts for the bunkbeds.Well, it is now 2011 (five years from the time I bought the fabric) and, thanks to Grandma Moon, Preslyn finally has a matching quilt for her bed! My goal was to complete it before my parents came home from their mission, but that obviously didn't happen. They came to visit for her birthday party and I said to my Mom, "I would love to get this blanket done and give it to Preslyn for her birthday. Do you think we could finish it?" My Mom was such a good sport and sewed for a day and a half, finishing right before Preslyn's party! While my Mom was sewing the quilt, Preslyn came up to her and said, "Grandma, what are you doing?" My Mom replied, "Oh, I'm fixing the blanket that goes on Demarie's bed. Would you like a blanket to match for your bed?" Preslyn looked at her and said in a matter-of-fact way, "No. I like the blanket that is on my bed right now." When Preslyn opened her presents and got to the one with the rag quilt in it, she looked at Grandma, and threw the blanket to the side. I guess she was pretty serious when she said that she didn't want to have a new blanket! I pulled her aside and said, "Preslyn, I don't care what you say, but as soon as I finish clipping this blanket and wash it, it is going on your bed whether you like it or not!"
A few weeks later, I was brushing all the loose strings off the blanket and getting ready to put it on her bed. Preslyn came into the room and exclaimed, "Mom! I have a new blanket! I love it! It is so adorable! Did Grandma love making this for me?" I looked at her and told a little fib, "Yes, Preslyn. She did!" She was so excited to take her nap with her new blanket. Such a funny little girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment