harris happenings...

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Potty training Preslyn

I attempted the ordeal earlier in the year. Preslyn would protest against sitting on the potty, so I made every attempt to make it fun. Usually she would sit through a book, but there would be no tinkling or pushing/grunting of any sorts. (We have a picture of Demarie reading the same book when she was potty training too!)


Eventually, I decided to give up the fight and wait a little longer. In the meantime, Preslyn continued to explore the "big white loud potty with water in it."


Our second attempt left us all feeling a little discouraged to say the least.... Even during all the protesting, Preslyn somehow was able to provide some comic relief to the stressful situation. Once again, we abandoned the idea that our little girl would ever be out of diapers!


Then one Saturday in August, I came home to this.... "Ugh!," I thought to myself. "Will someone please come potty-train my daughter???? This is getting way to out of hand!" I knew the answer was "No." It was up to me. So, I pulled Preslyn aside and said, "Preslyn, as of now, there will be no more diapers."
And that was that. It was that easy! She had one accident with Aaron while I was at work and that was it! Not only that, but she is also night dry!!!!
WAY TO GO PRESLYN!!!

No comments: