harris happenings...

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

We had a great time celebrating DR. SEUSS' birthday! We started the day by eating GREEN EGGS AND HAM and then we went to storytime at the library where we listened to MR BROWN CAN MOO and made a RED FISH BLUE FISH puppet. Then, at school, Demarie's class ate GREEN EGGS AND HAM again, made CAT IN THE HAT hats, and played with OOBLECK! I brought some CAT IN THE HAT cookies for the party. They were really yummy and fun to make, but my hand sure ached after piping out red frosting for the stripes! Here is the recipe for all you DR. SEUSS fans:


Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Coookies
  • vanilla wafers
  • white chocolate chips
  • large marshmallows
  • Betty Crocker red icing
Follow the directions on the package to melt the white chocolate chips. Dip the wafers in the chocolate and put a large marshmallow on top so it sticks to the wafer as the chocolate dries. Let the cholocate completely dry and then pipe three red stripes around the marshmallow. (You can put red icing on the top of the marshmallow to make it more like the Cat in the Hat's hat. When I made these, I wasn't sure if I would have enough red icing and then when I got to the end, my hand hurt too much to go back and fix them. I still thought they turned out cute!).

2 comments:

Jake and Milin said...

These cookies are so cute!

Camie said...

So creative! I'll have to keep those in mind.